Friday, December 21, 2012

With the falling of the first snow....

        It has finally snowed here in my hometown! I am so excited to be able to watch my three beautiful puppy dogs play in it and to feel that Christmas cheer. Has it felt like Christmas to you? It hasn't to me. Watching my mother wrap gifts with the falling snow out the window this morning was a total wake up call. CHRISTMAS IS IN FOUR DAYS?! I mean yeah, the advent calendar with the little chocolate candies in it has been utilized in my home this year and I got all of my shopping done and spent way too much money like always (I've always been a giver...) and yet for some reason it has not felt like the holiday season. Maybe the turn of events in my life has to do with this. Maybe the fact that my lovely home was without snow for months. Maybe, just maybe, my mind has been too preoccupied with other things. I've been reading by the tree for days now with the fireplace on... and drinking hot chocolate, been to an ugly Christmas sweater party, bought gifts, decorated gingerbread men and still has not felt like the holiday season. Perhaps the thought of the world ending was too prevalent in my mind to be able to truly enjoy this season. Before we know it, Christmas will be over and it will be New Years Eve, with sparkly outfits and sparkling juice. I don't care about drinking on NYE, as long as there is sparkling juice, I will forever be content.


         As I mentioned above, my time has been spent eating, shopping, watching youtube videos, pinning on Pinterest and of course: reading by the fireplace and Christmas Tree. I just finished this cute book called " Three Girls and A Baby" by Rachel Schurig (you can buy it here on Amazon). This link is the free kindle edition. (everything is better free, right?) I have found so many free books on amazon lately, that it is absolutely ridiculous. I think that I probably purchased 17 books for free yesterday for free.... But anyway, back to the book. This story begins with the life of Ginny, a young woman who is heart broken and soon finds out she is pregnant! It is a classic baby daddy drama, finding love kind of story. It is charming and probably one of my new favorite books. I wish I was better at book reviews.. which is silly because I'm doing a list of my favorite books for you guys. I'm excited to start working again to get money so I can purchase the next two books in the series. I found this out when I was looking up book information to post in this post... Hopefully I can review it and give you guys some news about that.
         Besides reading, My latest obsession has been pinning on Pinterest. (If you have never been to Pinterest, Click here...)  It is like a blog, but with pictures and is fantastic. I went crazy on food recipies last night. You can tell how badly I want to plan events and weddings considering my wedding board is overflowing with pins of gorgeous dresses and set ups and other tips for weddings. You can find me on Pinterest here! You can just say I am obsessed. Because let's face it. I am. Happy Friday Everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, tell me what you want to hear, tell me what you like. But don't be a hater cause that's just not nice :) ♥